FDIC International will kick off their annual event next week with two days of pre-conference workshops at the Indiana Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium, in Indianapolis on Monday August 2nd, and Tuesday August 3rd, 2021.
The following is a description of what FDIC attendees will have the opportunity to learn in more detail from Chief Isakson.
- The fire service continues to rely on water as our primary means of extinguishment. Even though we have made tremendous advances in apparatus, bunker gear, and thermal imaging technology, WATER is still the most widely used and the most effective extinguishing agent at the majority of structure fires.
- With these advances, we must not forget the longtime mainstays of the fire service: 2½-inch hose combined with low pressure nozzles are still highly effective and needed to move/deliver water to its final destination … the burning solid fuels.
- This workshop will examine how to maximize hydrant flows, booster tank efficiency, and final delivery through both 1¾-inch and 2½-inch hose. We will cover when to use large-diameter hose vs. 2½-inch or three-inch hose as your supply/feeder lines.
- Learn the pros and cons of all size fire hose in relation to moving water and using all types of master stream devices; master stream tip size, flow, and variables; and defensive and offensive modes of attack for the best overall fire extinguishment possibilities.
- These most efficient fire extinguishment possibilities can only be effective if you have a complete understanding of how to get WATER on the FIRE!