Chief Isakson's Presentation
People Before Water
- Today’s fireground requires tactics that take today’s fire behavior, building construction, and response models into consideration.
- We must also use the UL studies, Firefighter Rescue Survey results, and civilian fire fatalities data to better deploy our local fire resources to meet life safety and property loss priorities.
- When smoke detectors fail, the fire service cannot fail. We are the last line of defense. This class will give attendees a possible approach to getting the annual civilian fire fatality numbers consistently below 2,000 a year.
- It shows how to use data to assist us in adjusting our fireground assignments in the first five to seven minutes to remove trapped occupants sooner while still using decades of proven fireground tactics that work.
- Utilizing video of Real World Fires and Rescues from recent fires to show rapid water application combined with simultaneous search operations can provide great results.
- Data from UL Fire Studies, Firefighter Rescue Survey, and Civilian Rescues in 2021 will be used to show factual information that assist with a greater chance of survival when Strategic & Tactical Deployment at residential fires takes the first seven minutes into consideration.
- Understanding Today’s Fire Behavior and Growth
- Understanding Today’s Building Construction combined with Today’s Fire Growth has greatly diminished the survival time of trapped occupants.
- Yesterday’s proven tactics combined with an updated strategic deployment model could reduce civilian fire fatalities
Curt “Ike” Isakson is a 30+ year veteran of the fire service, with experience working in volunteer, career, and combination departments in urban, suburban, rural, and countywide settings.
PEOPLE BEFORE WATER "GRAB" VIDEO's
'23 - '24 CONFERENCES
'23 -'24 SEMINARS NEAR YOU
CFT CONFERENCE VIDEO
Sign up now to be in the know about everything we have going on at County Fire Tactics.
Add yourself onto our Box Alarm, and you will receive exclusive first release notifications to your e-mail about conferences, seminars, discounts, podcasts, training articles, and more.