Woman Rescued in Uniontown



Firefighters rescued an elderly woman from her burning home Saturday night in Uniontown.

A neighbor heard the woman’s screams for help shortly before crews arrived at the scene on Murray Avenue.

Michael Deeds said, “When I heard her, I figured I would go in and save her. They [firefighters] went in and got her.”

Fire officials said heavy smoke poured from the house, reaching across the street.

Lt. Dane Griffith said crews fought through the smoke as they made their way through the home, where they found the woman on a bed.

She was taken to an area hospital for smoke inhalation. Her condition has not been released.

Griffith said the fire started in the basement of the home and is believed to have been electrical. The home suffered extensive smoke and water damage.

Video Link: