Decatur Fire Rescue
Decatur Fire Rescue is hosting a two day firefighter seminar, February 23-24, 2022, in Decatur Alabama.
This seminar will feature two all day lecture presentations by Chief Isakson.
Chief Isakson's Presentations
This very passionate and in your face presentation is about pushing to recapture the primary mission of theFire Service. The very foundation of what has defined the fire service for decades is what built an undeniable trust from the public. We must push for a greater fire service that puts the lives of citizens first, which also means that property still counts. IT’S WORTH THE RISK is about more than just aggressive interior firefighting, it is also about standing strong against all odds to create a better and more effective fire service by putting yourself out there. Stay true to yourself, stay true to the mission, and stay true to the job.
- The fire service continues to rely on water as our primary means of extinguishment. Even though we have made tremendous advances in apparatus, bunker gear, and thermal imaging technology, WATER is still the most widely used and the most effective extinguishing agent at the majority of structure fires.
- With these advances, we must not forget the longtime mainstays of the fire service: 2½-inch hose combined with low pressure nozzles are still highly effective and needed to move/deliver water to its final destination … the burning solid fuels.
- This presentation will examine how to maximize hydrant flows, booster tank efficiency, and final delivery through both 1¾-inch and 2½-inch hose. We will cover when to use large-diameter hose vs. 2½-inch or three-inch hose as your supply/feeder lines.
- Learn the pros and cons of all size fire hose in relation to moving water and using all types of master stream devices; master stream tip size, flow, and variables; and defensive and offensive modes of attack for the best overall fire extinguishment possibilities.
- These most efficient fire extinguishment possibilities can only be effective if you have a complete understanding of how to get WATER on the FIRE!
Curt “Ike” Isakson is a 30+ year veteran of the fire service, with experience working in volunteer, career, and combination departments in urban, suburban, rural, and countywide settings.
75.00 Before 01/01/2022
The seminar venue will be located at the Ingalls Harbor Pavilion, in Decatur Alabama. This location is directly on the Tennessee River.
A social event will be held at The Brick Deli & Tavern beginning at 6:00 pm on February 23rd, 2022.
Event Sponsor Flyer
CONFERENCE SERIES 2021-2022
CF TACTICS CONFERENCE SERIES VIDEO
🚨 CFT BOX ALARM UPDATES 🚨
Sign up now to be in the know about everything we have going on at County Fire Tactics. Add yourself onto our Box Alarm Updates, and you will receive exclusive first release notifications direct to your e-mail about conferences, seminars, discounts, podcasts, training articles, and more.